Due to the Corona pandemic, the next Accounting Research Workshop will be held as an online conference on June 24–25, 2021.
The workshop aims to promote the exchange and discussion of state-of-the-art research in accounting. We invite papers analyzing issues in all areas of accounting research from an economic perspective.
The primary focus of the workshop is on papers that use economic modelling. Empirical and experimental papers that test economic models will also be considered for the workshop.
- Corporate governance and executive compensation
- Economic consequences of accrual accounting
- Economics of financial reporting and standard setting
- Economic roles of auditing
- Financial disclosure, earnings management and cost of capital
- Performance measurement and incentive design
- Transfer pricing and budgeting
An electronic version of the submitted paper should be sent to
As in previous years, we will assign a discussant to each paper. We therefore expect presenters to act as a discussant for other papers.
The deadline for paper submission is February 01, 2021.
The acceptance decision will be taken in a timely manner but no later than March 31.